365 days on the road

Today marks the completion of our first full year on the road.

Not bad for a trip that started off as a plan for a one week ride in a U-haul truck.

We continue to find that we are having so much fun living stories that we struggle to make time to write them down and we wouldn’t have it any other way.

As we build up more health, get better at road trip living, and inject a greater measure of sanity into our itinerary (5000 miles in 5 weeks gets a little nuts), we hope to get more updates here on the site.

In the meantime, we are having the time of our lives!

Good wishes for good mileage to all of you,

Shaula & Neil

1 Sean Paul Kelley { 06.30.09 at 10:11 pm }

Awesome! I wish I’d had more money in the bank to make it past the one year mark, alas, Europe broke the bank.

So, when are you coming to Austin, now that I am here?

2 Duncan Bucknell { 07.01.09 at 7:09 am }

Great, guys. Awesome to finally meet you a couple of weeks ago. I’m now back in Oz after the North American whirlwind tour – about the opposite to what you guys are doing.
Take care
Duncan

3 Ethan { 07.01.09 at 11:57 am }

Swing by Seattle one of these days!

4 Kerry { 07.01.09 at 3:42 pm }

I’m jealous. Take me up North. It’s hotter than blazes here right now. At least the storms broke up for a little bit and it’s not sitting at 100% humidity right now :)

5 Beth & Ross { 07.03.09 at 9:05 am }

Good morning from Black Diamond, Alberta – trying to answer some e-mails before the Grandkids get out of bed and invade. Teagin (the labrador) is beside me hoping a dog biscuit will fall onto the floor as I type. Great Grand-dog.
Ross has officially retired (two days now) and has made it to the Bass Pro shop in Balzac to scope out the latest in fishing lures and gear. Today will be Grandkids and Grandad off to look for trout.
Received two pictures from Jates wedding and hard to imagine the time that has gone past. They look very happy – tell us more about the wedding, Shaula.
We are planning a two day excursion to Banff (a gift from Ross’ emplo yer) which should be interesting to play overnight tourist so close to home. We’re going to take the tour bus in and around Banff
and meet some visitors to our great province.
Spruce Meadows is on this week and we’ll take the kids for some jumping events and a picnic. Gorgeous place and the jumping is amazing. The kids take carrots to feed the horses and we get a golf cart so I can make it through the entire place.
Love to you both – stay well and Happy Trails. Beth and Ross

6 Neil { 07.06.09 at 5:56 pm }

Sean-Paul, banks are fleeting (now, more than ever) and will spring up again. Austin… nobody knows for sure. But it will definitely be during cool weather =]

Duncan, it was a real pleasure to meet you, as well. Glad you made it back safe and sound.

Ethan, I don’t know when, but you can count on it.

Kerry, we’re in Fairfax, right now, gearing up to head West. It just dipped below the 100% humidity here. I don’t miss summer in Charleston.

Beth, while I’m not certain why you type with dog biscuits (I can’t imagine they go that well with coffee), we’re glad you’re doing well. Enjoy Banff for us (I love the place) and beware of Merkins on the bus. I hope the kids enjoy their jumping, though I might have taken them to a mattress store… Canadiana is still something of a mystery to me

7 scott { 07.07.09 at 11:18 am }

Wow, a full year? That’s impressive! I think that’s even more than I could take!

8 Stacey { 07.15.09 at 10:04 am }

Hello world travelers. It’s a been a while since I checked in. Your latest update vibes that you are gloriously happy. I’m happy for you too. Can’t believe it’s been a year. It must be true that time flies when you are having fun. Next time you’re on this side of the map, give us a ring and we’ll have dinner. I think I’ve mastered fried green tomatoes. Until then — Stacey

9 Pat Evans { 10.27.09 at 5:58 pm }

I am, on behalf of my darling daughter, leaving a comment so
that I can find out what happens when I do this. Hope this